Monday, September 19, 2016

It's safe to trust and believe

 Believe Me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. (John 14:11)



A friend was recently sharing about a book she was reading about refugees trying to get to the States. Sounds like the book goes into great detail of the horrible conditions they were leaving; the horrible conditions they endure to get here ... never enough food, water, or clothing. I would dare to say that for most of us, if we did go without, it was not for very long and we probably had a credit card in our pocket for just such a emergency. We truly can not imagine a reality of "there isn't any - anywhere - for you."

And I know for many foster / adopting families, when a child comes from a place of similar experience of not enough, these children will stuff themselves, or hide and hoard food in dresser drawers, closets, and under beds. They truly don't know, can't imagine, can't believe that more food will always be there.

As I write this, I think about where my heart lies when it comes to trusting God and believing He will provide. Seriously, hasn't He provided a way through a zillion things in my life? Yet somehow, I get nervous and doubt about a current situation. Will He be there again? This time too?

Just as the foster / adoptive parent wants this child to trust and believe in the promise of provision for this day and the next, so your heavenly Father asks the same of you.

Don't doubt. Just believe.
Jehovah Jireh - God our Provider







No comments:

Post a Comment