Thursday, October 30, 2014

Confident Prayer



But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind (James 1:6).

I’ve talked before about praying for others. My prayers sometimes go like this: Lord, please be with so and so. Please give them strength. Please give them comfort. Please help them through this. I am so worried about them. Please help them make good choices. Please keep them safe. I don’t know what to do. Please be with everyone involved.

Hmmm …I don’t feel much comfort from that except for the fact that I let God know what was going on. I know I should surrender it all to Him and trust. But I am still unsettled about the whole situation. Pleading and begging for mercy.

But what if I pray like this: Holy God, I know You are with so and so. I know You will be their Strength in time of need. I know too, that You are the Father of all comfort. You are their Help and their Salvation. We do not need to worry, for You never desert us or take Your eye off of us for one second. You have promised and have been faithful to the promise of being their Guide. And Protector. Under the shelter of Your wings, they are safe. Heaven and earth and beneath the earth all bow down at Your command. You are an awesome God. I know that full well. You are good.

Now I feel more reassurance. I feel more at peace by praying. I urge you to change up your prayer life to include all the wonderful truths we know about God’s character. And may peace come to your heart as you truly trust in the great I AM.



No comments:

Post a Comment