Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A groovy kind of love



 A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense (Proverbs 19:11).

I titled this post as such, because love has its ups and downs, pits and valleys and mountaintop highs. Our feelings run here and there and everywhere. This dawned on me this morning as my cats were crying (begging, whining) for food (again! Didn’t I just feed them a half hour ago?). Sometimes I love them to death! Like early in the morning Mandy climbs into my lap, then up onto my chest – and purrs. Max sits on a table (a no-no) by the half-wall and peeks his head over the top, then ducks down when I shoot the squirt bottle. Then looks up and over again. They do bring laughter and joy to my life. I love them so! But they can be irritating as well.

My cats are named Max and Mandy, good people names and maybe with good reason. Because it reminds me that I both love dearly and “dislike” certain things about them. I admit I feel the same about people. But no matter what naughtiness they get into, love, tolerance, acceptance wins with them. Shouldn’t all our relationships be like that?

Relationships can be groovy. May they be a groovy kind of LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:37 AM EDT

    Trivia Question: Which music group originally sang "Groovy Kind of Love"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh ... I can only hear Phil Collins in my head! Guess I'm too young to answer that question :)

      Delete