Thursday, October 23, 2014

All I have needed



Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming from the Father … (James 1:17)

I was reminded yesterday by a dear, sweet woman that worry is a sin. Eek! How many times have I written about worry? As I thought about it this morning, I think fear and pride could be related as well. All three are focused not on God at all, but on self and what we can or can not do to provide for ourselves. Leaving God out of the picture at any time is a sin. We have this amazing, lifetime opportunity to trust in God for all things; to thank and praise Him for all things; be recipients of all things needed – and more – from the very heart and hands of God. And not just things like food, water, clothes, shelter. So much more! When you’re with God, there is love, peace and security. Hope, too. And miracles no human can make happen. With God there is freedom. You focus on all God’s attributes (found in the Bible) and you can’t help but believe in how almighty, perfect He is and how that can be displayed in your life as you trust in Him. You don’t need to worry and fear about what others will think about you or what you will do, (because that’s really the basis of most of our fears): to be seen as “less than” or “lowly” in the eyes of others. But glory always belongs to the Lord. Don’t forget Whose you are. But also don’t forget HE is above all. And rightly so. Humble yourselves before the Lord Most High. Give reverence and respect due Him and do not be afraid for it is this same great, big, honorable God that love and cares for you beyond your wildest imagination.

O Lord, it is a hard message to swallow. It’s hard to surrender to Someone I can’t see or feel all the time. I have to remember the times I have recognized Your hand on things. Worry, fear, pride are all hopes in my own self. And a sin against You. My life is in Your hands. All my days were written in Your book before one of them came to be. You are always with me and beside me and for me. Peace is mine for the taking. May I rest in You as I trust in You. Your gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment