Monday, October 14, 2013

Nap time Over... dreamin' a new dream


It’s been a few weeks, I know… let me explain.

For a long time I had this dream of becoming an artist and designing greeting cards and encouraging people to send notes to others. I didn’t want to make a bunch of money off of it – just break even – and get some lovin’ going on between us all. But working outside the home, and fearing failure, kept me from pursuing such a thing. But a year ago, I was afforded the opportunity to quit working outside the home. And I thought, well, here’s my chance to go after that vision. So I designed some cards, and started a blog to encourage people, and invested in a program to sell cards online. Encouragement or bust!

Well, after more than a year now, it has been determined that I am not able to bring in enough money for pay for the online program for selling cards. In fact, not that many cards were sold at all. I saw it coming. And I prayed. This past May I pursued an option of making ecards available. I met with a college student who had all the capabilities of making it happen. So we set out on the journey. To make a long story short, with work and college and other commitments, he wasn’t able to complete the project…

Then my computer started acting up – slowing down with every stroke of a button. Shutting itself down, etc.

God, have I been barking up the wrong tree? Have I been dreaming the wrong dream? Discouragement for sure. So, a few weeks ago I just let the whole dream go… trusting God to show a new way. I stopped. I rested. I waited.

And shortly after that, one by one, comments started coming my way about how much this one and that one like my blog. How the messages hit home, how encouraging they are…boom, boom, boom.

End of story? I will recommit to writing the blog. I will go where He leads me. I will move forward as I trust and believe in His mysterious ways.

Do you need to do the same?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment