Monday, October 21, 2013

Me...worry?


I can sometimes be a pretty darn good worrier. Whether it’s family or friends or upcoming events, I can spend hours mentally organizing, planning, deciding, list upon list in triplicate… with every possible scenario played out in my mind over and over – adding more to the “to-do” list. I tell myself I just want to make sure everyone is comfortable, happy, enjoying the good life. Yes, I can be quite the worrier. And quite weary as well.

Sound familiar? Do you sometimes wonder and worry on and on? Does it keep you up all hours of the night? Taking on all the responsibility for a successful outcome upon yourself alone - when God is right there. Let me remind you of a little something…

God is real. Jesus is alive. And the Holy Spirit resides within you. God has already thought out every detail (even the ones you didn’t see coming) –


“All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.”

-         Ps. 139: 16

 When my son went to Iraq, his life was out of my reach; much of it out of my control. But God was here… and there… seemingly everywhere. The details of those days, I couldn’t control; the details I could not even imagine – were all handled by God Himself. He had our backs. He is all-seeing in a good, comforting “thank-God” way. He is all-knowing too. He never leaves you alone. Not ever. It doesn’t all depend on you. It doesn’t all fall on your shoulders. You have a friend who sticks closer than a brother. (Pr. 18:24)

“Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” It’s a promise. In blood red ink. (Matt. 11:28)

 

 

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Just exactly what I needed to hear this morning!! Mom went into hospital during the night.. very small heart attack. EMT telling me that she really needs 'more help' in her home...yup, I know, but...So, all night, I'm trying to work it out in my mind... remembering to pray in between times... but this reminder is perfect for me again today. Love you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping you in prayer as God works things out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good reminder for me Julie. I often have to remind myself "Don't worry about tomorrow, God is already there!" See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:10 AM EDT

    TO DO list? Love Excel, not sure how I would live without it. And, I too, get us in the middle of the night just to check something out. Otherwise I'm awake all night. When I finally get to bed, I thank GOD for being there and with me in my life. My life is pretty good in spite of myself. Your words are encouraging and it's nice to see others have the same affliction that I have. We always feel uncomfortable with ourselves until we finally realize that God is really in control, we just carry out his plan. Thanks for always writing from the heart.
    Rich Yeckley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, everyone, for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate hearing from you. It means a lot to me. You, all, mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete