Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Chutes and Ladders



My bible reading today reminds me again of the Holy Spirit power within me (us). There are other spirits out there, vying for our attention. But this Spirit, this Holy Spirit – I should be paying more attention to; I should be nurturing that relationship. Too often, I put myself first and my mere natural instincts. It’s sometimes hard to tell which spirit I have inside me. I need to start caring about that. And be more concerned about what spirit people see emanating from me. Can I learn to keep being determined to do the godly thing, express godly character instead of natural human reactions? Because I so, so, sooo want Christ to be known. Can I somehow make that a determined priority – to want Christ to be known? To be known because of the way I’m living my days out.

My first thoughts are, “I won’t be able to do it perfectly nor keep it up all the time. I will probably fail 20 minutes from now and I will forget about it 1,000 times today.” But, if I write it down where I can see it throughout the day, I might remember to do it a few times and maybe tomorrow a few more times and that will be more times that the goodness of the Lord will be seen and experienced than if I’d given up before I even started.

This spiritual journey that we’re on isn’t a game of chutes and ladders. You don’t slide back down with every failed attempt of moving forward. Every time you try to bless others in the character of Jesus, you are moving forward in making Him and His nature known.

So don’t you give up thinking godly goodness and kindness in abundance is unattainable. You are capable of reflecting His love over and over again. Because of that Holy Spirit that is within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment