Monday, September 16, 2013

I’m having a baby…

 Yes, yes… I thought that would get your attention! Like a woman in her last trimester, she is anxious to have her precious gift out into the world, dressed in the cutest little outfit ever, and have pictures for everyone to see. But there is still some most important work being done in the last trimester. Like heart and lungs developing to completion. Serious foundational needs that will affect that baby’s life and future.

I am reminded of a similar experience when having a house built. While the boards and beams were still showing, I was imaging where the Christmas tree would go, and determining which window would be best for bird feeder watching. Needless to say, the builder wasn’t as interested in those details when he was busy with more foundational issues like heating, plumbing and electrical.

And I am going through another trimester time in my life as I await the “birth” of my free e-card website. My “baby”. I’m telling my web designer all about font colors to use, and other cutesy finishing touches. But his focus is on making sure the “base” is structural sound, safe, secure and functional.

Couldn’t the same be said of all of us regarding our spiritual life? Don’t we need to tend to our foundation – making sure Christ is our Cornerstone? That we get into the Word, and pray… listen and obey. Aren’t these the things that make us strong for the future?

Therefore, everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall because it had its foundation on the rock. – Matt. 7:24-25

·        No matter the storm, when you’re with God, there’s a rainbow coming

·        With Jesus as your foundation, you can “weather” anything

·        He has made everything beautiful in its time. – Ecc. 3:11

No comments:

Post a Comment