Saturday, March 11, 2017

Call waiting

© 2014 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:7-9)


O Lord, sometimes Your Word reminds me of my shortcomings. Maybe I need to be brought down a peg or two, stop striving for some excellence, some approval. Maybe just relax and release this drive to be driven to perform and have a bunch of activity. Is my restlessness from You, God? Is there some God-given pressing purpose that I am ignoring or is this still about impressing people and seeking their acceptance and approval? When I’m restless and bored, do I randomly fill in the time or do I take the time to seek Your direction? Or do I think once in the morning is plenty for the day? Do I need more drama in my life in order to sit with You, Lord? Can I be conscious of You in a restful state? Seek. Ask. Knock. I know You hear. Do I hear You throughout the day? Do I slow down and be still long enough to see if You have further input for me since early morning?

Breathe. I am still growing and learning and that’s a good thing. It’s good to have things to do and whatever you do should be done for the glory of God. It is always good to praise Him. But maybe it’s okay when things slow down and allow them to slow down, and to just pause and breathe and not be so quick to fill that time in with … anything. Is the Lord Himself slowing me down for a reason? Does He have something further to say to me? Am I even considering that?

Do I hear You calling? Am I listening for Your voice? Day and night? My Help before I even think of needing it. My Guide. My Hope. Remember Me … I remember you.




No comments:

Post a Comment