Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Pass the peace, please


© 2014 Julie Crane All rights reserved.
O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him. (Psalm 34:8)

… seek peace and pursue it. (Psalm 34:14)




I’ve been just sitting here restless. Can’t get interested in anything. I woke up tired. Didn’t even do my normal bible reading this morning. But I did finally get around to it this afternoon. I could have just by-passed it for today. I mean, so what if I miss a day, right? But the restlessness and unsettling thoughts (i.e. worries) persisted. That’s when I decided to “seek peace”. I “pursued” it; opened my bible and read:

 O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him. (Psalm 34:8)

 As I read, my breathing shifted; settled. As I read, I was reminded Who is truly Lord over it all. Being restful is part of His plan. Taking refuge in the stillness – in Him. And peace certainly is. It’s there. You just have to take the time to “taste and see”. You may have to actually “pursue” it. You may have to allow it time to seep in.

Are you interested?


No comments:

Post a Comment