Thursday, March 31, 2016

I'm joining the praise team!


Praise the Lord.

Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
    praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
    praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with timbrel and dancing,
    praise him with the strings and pipe,
praise him with the clash of cymbals,
    praise him with resounding cymbals.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord.

 

When I first heard that I had cancer, for some reason, I never thought of it as a death sentence. I kind of saw it as something “wrong” in my body that can be taken out and healed. I wasn’t interested in the drama of the word “cancer”, but what steps would we be taking. Surgery. Yes. Let’s get it out. Prayer warriors were put on alert and affirmation of their faithfulness came flooding in. Thanks be to God! The surgery went smoothly with no complications and I healed up real nice. What an awesome God!

Onto chemo. The IV went right in with no problems. Wrapped my arm in a warm towel. (thanks to all who prayed for ease and comfort). And I got the joy of three uninterrupted hours (in the middle of the day!) with my wonderful husband. I started taking the prescribed meds when I got home and never got a queasy, sick feeling at all. The next day I got a shot (in the stomach!) but it didn’t hurt at all. Side effects were possible bone pain, but when I took the prescribed meds, once again, I didn’t experience any pain or discomfort.

Did I worry / wonder before every procedure? You bet! But look at all the goodness that came! Side effects are a possibility but not a certainty. But God’s grace and blessing are.

Today I washed my hair. And yes – I did wonder how much would be on the shower floor. Then I remembered: side effects may happen. But so may God’s goodness. We can rejoice because no matter what happens, no matter side effects may enter into my journey, there will still be reason to praise the Lord.

Everyday. Everyday! I find something to thank the Lord about. I get into His Word and He empowers me. I find inspirational quotes on the internet and I am lifted up. My spirits are high. Now how can that be when I’m on a cancer journey? But I’m telling you, any circumstance can be turned into a parade of trumpets and cymbals. When you turn to Him. So I’m striking up the band! I’m lifting my hands and voice and words in testimony to how great our God is in every kind of situation. When you need Him most, He is most there for you.

I’m not a fighter. I’m a truster. And I wanted to tell of a different kind of cancer story. One with much hope and goodness. God has been faithful in His love and care for me. He says He’ll see me through. I trust in His Word. How about you?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment