Tuesday, November 11, 2014

You move me

I lift up my eyes to the hills – from where will my help come? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth (Psalm 12:1-2).

I have been on the internet lately, researching motivational pieces. Any quotes, posters, slogans, blogs that would aid me in sticking to changes I want to make in my life. And I have to tell you that so far, they are working. I do it every morning and it truly gives me the boost I need to choose rightly.

Motivation is different than inspiration.
Motivation – gives you a reason to act; a force that directs behavior
Inspiration – stimulates you to being more open, more accepting to abstract, creative thoughts

Now isn’t that interesting? When I think of motivation, my first thoughts are about doing something physical, for a good cause. Inspirational, on the hand, makes me think of artwork, music,  holy scripture or devotional pieces that lead me to deeper thinking.

I need motivational reminders to keep me on track with the changes I want. I need inspirational pieces to keep my focus on the One Who is my all in all. With inspiration, my mind is opened up to the awesomeness of God. My true Help.





No comments:

Post a Comment