Sunday, November 23, 2014

A happy ending


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him … (Romans 8:28).

I’ll be teaching about being thankful this morning in Sunday School. Thankful for the good and the not so good. The lesson I found on the internet says to share about when a bad time in my life turned into a blessing. Hmm. My first thought is something nice and light, like: I paid the price for trying to finish off a whole bag of chocolate candies. I didn’t feel so good after that. But God offers good choices, like fruit, and I can be thankful for that. Thankful that He has made me aware of good and bad choices and thankful He will be with me next time.

That’s sounds all well and good. But then I thought of another instance in my life where bad news turned into the joy of my life. Maybe one more memorable and impactful.

Many years ago, I found out I couldn’t bear children. Such sadness and disappointment for a young married couple. But after of time of grieving, it wasn’t long after that when we went through the process of adoption and my son, Brent, was brought into my life. Oh, the joy he has brought me over the years! I would not ever change a thing about my life. God surely blessed me with a fine young boy, whose smiles still melt my heart.

Going through a rough time yourself? I’ll be telling my class about sadness in this world. And then about how God can turn anything into something good. Just you wait and see!

Do you have memories of when God turned a bad situation into something good after some time? Take some time this Thanksgiving to celebrate those as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment