Monday, March 17, 2014

Unto the Lord



“O dear God, here I am, Lord, trying to spend some focused time with You. Trying to desire a more loving, ‘can’t live a minute without thoughts of You’ kind of life, instead of  praying to You an ‘I want’ list every morning and scratching it off some mental to-do list before going on with my day, my way. I feel guilty for not loving You as great big as You deserve. I think I should be consumed by Your awesomeness.

The furnace kicks in. The sunlight streams in through the window. The scent of vanilla caramel tea... the whole day before me to get some things done. Time for work. Time for play, Time for rest. And I pray this day isn’t lived out as a clanging cymbal (1 Corin. 13:1), but in whatever I do, may it be as unto the Lord (1 Corin. 10:31), and not unto man. Lord, if I become anxious about anything, may I calmly turn to You and just tell you what’s on my mind. You are great big, all-wise, all-knowing, all-present, all-powerful and have chosen to call me Your child. I am safe under the protection of Your love in a way I’ve never known. Truly I am safe. Truly I am protected. Worries and fears do not have to dictate the direction of my life. God of the universe has chosen and desires to tend to my every need. Lord, I will seek You with my whole heart. You are worthy of  my trust. It is safe to share every kind of thought and feeling with You. I will not curl up in a ball and lie stagnant in condemnation. For You came to save the world (John 3:16-17). And I am saved. I will live today saved. To the honor, glory, blessing, praise of You, God. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment