Friday, August 30, 2013

An Invitation

Jesus invites you, welcomes you, with a gracious smile and a hug into His adventurous plans. He, Who can climb mountains and scale walls and also appreciate green grass and still waters… “Come!”, He says with a smile…. “(You! Yes, you!...) Follow Me!”

“Lord, I want to follow You. I want to go with You. At least I know that’s the best thing to do. But the sinful truth is – I want You to follow me around. And bless what I choose to get into. Forgive my ‘I am god’ attitude and help me to fear You and acknowledge You as God of the universe. That should be non-negotiable. As in: there is no other truth, no other options. You are in charge. I am not. You set the rules. I follow them. No argument. No discussion. No compromising as though we were equals.’

 When did trusting and believing (and obeying) become not okay, especially when we’re talking about God Almighty?

How in tune are you to the Father’s steps these days? If you could be assured of safety and the power to get through anything, would you go with Him today? If you knew, truly, with all your heart, that God would be your Strength and your Shield…

A dear friend recently helped me to see Psalm 46:10 in a different light –

BE STILL (stop with all the worrying for one minute!)
AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD.
I AM GOD (not you! I AM GOD Almighty… Creator, Ruler, Lover, and Caretaker of everything in heaven and on earth and under the earth, yesterday, today and forevermore)

It is safe to follow Him, hear me? Safe to trust Him in what He leads you to do. Isaiah 30: 21 assures us.... Whether you turn to the right or to the left, you ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.  Take His hand today. Wherever He leads you… go with God.

·        I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love; I lifted the yoke from their neck and bent down to feed them. – Hosea 11:4

·        My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. – John 10:27

·        He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. – Psalm 23:2

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment