Monday, March 4, 2024

It wasn’t cancer

 Yes, a scary word. I have known many loved ones - both survivors and a few who didn’t.  But it wasn’t cancer that took Moses life. In fact, Deuteronomy 34:7 says he was healthy and still had his wits about him. Not only that, but he was standing on the edge of his dream future. This morning that really hit me hard. To be alive and well and on the verge of stepping into a dream - only to be told you were going to die. Now. You have to wonder what Moses was thinking and feeling at this point. I have to wonder what I would think and feel. Trust, surrender and acceptance are not the first things that come to mind. God’s will for my life concluding like this? Not in sickness or weakness due to age… Moses had none of that. 

Have you had a dream dashed even though you felt ready, willing and able? You could see it. Taste it. Yes. I hear the words TRUST. HAVE FAITH. JUST BELIEVE. Even surrender. But it’s sometimes hard to get my head and heart to go there. His word says His thoughts and ways are higher. We don’t have the understanding equal to an almighty God. 

I’m trying to remember some earthly dreams I chased and am thankful they didn’t pan out. God protected me then and I surely appreciate it. I pray it helps me to remember my life is in His hands. And more than that, not unlike Moses, my surviving testimony is in His hands as I work to trust and follow wherever He leads. 

Isaiah 55:8-11 (the Message):


 “I don’t think the way you think.The way you work isn’t the way I work. ”God’s Decree.“ For as the sky soars high above earth, so the way I work surpasses the way you work, and the way I think is beyond the way you think. Just as rain and snow descend from the skies and don’t go back until they’ve watered the earth, doing their work of making things grow and blossom, producing seed for farmers and food for the hungry, so will the words that come out of My mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do, they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.


No comments:

Post a Comment