Thursday, October 19, 2023

Wanted: Joy and Satisfaction


It feels like I have selfishly drifted while still seeking You, Lord. Once again I have been absorbed in people’s perception of me and forgetting the fullness of love You have for me. I have shamelessly focused on getting instead of giving and it has resulted in still being unsatisfied and joyless. You desire the paying attention to others’ needs as they cross my path. That is where true peace and joy are granted in the most satisfying way. Your Word promises that in doing so, Your light of warmth and comfort will be brightest. Holy, wonderful and good is Your eternal presence. I have everything I need for a joy-filled life because You are here to lead and direct me to that joy-filled life. Here, also, to correct my heart’s attitude and way of seeking the right kind of pleasure and delight found only in walking with You. You give strength to right living activities. Serving the Lord with gladness (Psalm 100:2) comes from serving the Lord. Trying to meet my own needs my own way continually falls short and disappoints. But there are opportunities straight ahead for me to love, help, comfort and also enjoy and spread joy - delighting God and others - and in turn - joy for myself as well.

So today let me let Jesus wash away the sins of yesterday that hold me back. Let me let Him, right now, renew my heart and mind (Romans 12:2). Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). Let my gentleness be known to all (Philippians 4:5). Whether in thought, word or deed. For the Lord loves a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). Do everything as unto the Lord (1 Corinthians 10:31) and let me see my spirit, my living - be lifted up as a loving gift to You.  The Lord will surely bless; make His face to shine, and give complete and comforting peace to me. (Numbers 6:24). For His Word is truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment