Thursday, October 12, 2023

Nor anything else

 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39


I accepted Christ as a high schooler.  I went to a Campus Life meeting downtown. Afterward, I remember sitting in my bedroom, looking out the window thinking and praying, (Lord, I want Your love.) Since then, I have traveled many paths through this life. Some pretty horrible back roads too. I've walked away from Him and returned more times than I can count. Think Prodigal Son - times five. Or six.


Worldly distractions.

Peer pressures.

Fears over acceptance.

Temptations.

Rebellions.

Arrogance.

Sickness.

Anger at God too.

Seasons of disbelief.


May I please add these to the list of "nor anything else"?

I love You, Lord. But I've had seasons. I've had chapters - where it might have not been so apparent.


Thank You, Jesus, for being better at this than I am. For loving us so completely that nothing can separate us. Nothing.


I know this. Death, life, angels, rulers, things happening now, things that will happen, high things, low things; nothing else in all the world can come between us and God's love in Christ Jesus our Lord. (WE)


I'm absolutely convinced that nothing - nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable - absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us. (MSG)


Loved… forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment