Sunday, October 1, 2023

Loved

 I still have the teddy bear from my childhood. Decades-old. And it shows. I don't remember what it looked like new. Probably soft, cuddly, and clean. It's been carried. And fought over. Tucked into bed. Looks chewed on even. Sewn up a time or two. Probably washed and washed.


Can’t you just picture it? Fur missing in spots. Wrinkles showing. Gray that won't go away. Still in need of some patching up. Eyes not as clear or as sharp. Been through thick and thin it seems. But loved. Loved to death. That much is apparent. One precious companion for sure. Carried everywhere. Every place. Rescued from dangers. Lost - and found numerous times. Someone went to great lengths to keep it. And not tossed away for something newer. There was something about journeying together for so long. Love runs deep.


Are you feeling decades old? Do you feel like you've been through the wringer? Outside not as smooth? Scars from a few sewings? Gray that won't go away? A little stiff? 


Know this, my friends:


"I have loved you very deeply,” says the Lord. Malachi 1:2 (TLB)


The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love..." Jeremiah 31:3


Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you... Isaiah 43:4


Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you. Isaiah 46:4


... as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you. Isaiah 62:5


I know God is holding you

in the palm of His hand,

and no matter how old you are today,

He'll always know you as His child. (author unknown)


No comments:

Post a Comment