Friday, November 16, 2018

God's hand in the present age

... for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. (Matthew 6:8)

I had to have been crazy. Why would anyone go thrift store shopping on a rainy day? But out we went, my niece and I, looking for "treasures" and enjoying each others company.

Often times there is nothing much worth buying. But this day I found six skeins of yarn. For $2.50! A real bargain. I hesitated though. It was navy blue. Extremely difficult to work with. Dark colors just are. The wrapper was gone from all of them so I didn't know for sure the weight or how much was really there. And the yarn felt stiff as if kind of old. Maybe not such a bargain after all. Still, the price taunted me and I decided it would be worth the risk.

Once home, I rifled through all my old patterns I had saved for who knows how long. Without knowing the yardage, how would I know if I had enough? I finally decided on something. A pattern I'd never done it before. And being unsure about the yarn, it would be a crap shoot as to what size it would end up being. Closing my eyes. Taking a chance.

Well, the pattern was fairly easy and progress was quick. Looked like something useable would come out of it after all.

I was three-quarters of the way through when someone posted on social media that hospice was in need of lap robes. Hmmm. I wonder what size a lap robe needs to be?

You guessed it. My little "spontaneous" project turned out to be the exact measurement for a lap robe that would accommodate someone in a wheelchair. 

Was all this coincidence?

  • someone donated some old yarn
  • we went shopping in the rain
  • the yarn was at such a bargain price for the quantity
  • an appealing pattern was saved months ago
  • a post was made on social media
  • the project came out just the right size

Or was all this God's hand? Aligning circumstances to meet someone's need before the individual even asked? 


What do you believe happened?


No comments:

Post a Comment