Wednesday, November 14, 2018

What if He saw me ...?

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink ... (Matthew 25:35)

One harried mother. One small boy in tow. Whip into a parking spot at the one-stop shopping store. Purse and list in hand. When there's a rap on the window.

Another harried woman:
"My car ran out of gas. I coasted into the parking lot. I can't get a hold of anyone. This is so embarrassing ... They charge $13 for a gas can ... Do you ... do you have any cash? I'm so embarrassed to be asking ..."

Through the still rolled up window, the mother thinks:
Oh, good. An acceptable "out".
She "yells" through the window:
"I don't have any cash. I'm so sorry I can't help you."

The woman nods and moves on.

But heading into the store with her purse and son - a nudge.

What if He saw me?

Well, that woman could be a crafty panhandler. It happens. But what if she really needs help? And He saw me - walk away?

The mother and son got into the check out lane. Purchased a $20 gas card. And headed back out into the parking lot. Didn't see her at first. Then spotted her a couple rows over. Talking with a man who was shaking his head. No. Sorry.

"Lady! Hey, lady!"

Mother and son run to her. Hand her the gas card and confirmation receipt. A quick hug before returning to the store for their groceries.

She didn't look back to see if the woman headed to the gas station. Peace settled over her as she thought:

None of my business. It's God's. My job is to love and help in the name of Jesus. To be obedient when the Lord nudges.

Because ...
What if He sees me - walking away?

On today's agenda? Love. And help when He nudges.


No comments:

Post a Comment