Saturday, August 25, 2018

Can You Hear Me ...now?

And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. (Matthew 28:20)

Every parent knows that newborn's cry in the middle of the night. You can be sound asleep, right? But somehow (probably through several nights of practice!) your ears are keenly aware and attuned to the sounds your little one makes.

The sound of someone's voice can sure warm your heart. I remember calling home from boot camp the first time. When I heard my mom's voice answer the phone, all I did was cry. But, throughout my navy days, we stayed in constant touch - calling each other weekly. And instead of tears, her voice brought warmth and love, encouragement, peace, security ... all kinds of good things. Even though we lived miles and miles apart. A regular dose of love on a regular basis. Talking - comfortably picking up right where we left off.

Sadly, my mom has been gone about 15 years now. Sadly, I can't remember the sound of her voice. Oh, I have lots of good visual memories. And I can still picture her face when she laughed. And I suppose some of her most famous sayings come to mind from time to time (like, "Don't wish your life away") But I sure miss the constant connection we shared... (and its benefits to me).

And it brings to mind - when was the last time you connected with a loved One (Jesus)? Is it happening on a regular basis (bringing love, encouragement, peace and security) or has time been passing by and talking has become - uncomfortable, unsure...

Can you imagine Jesus' face smiling?
Can you recall some of His famous sayings?
Can you still hear His voice?
Are you missing the dear connection you once enjoyed?
... with that Someone you love?

Surely...
Surely I am with you ...
Always.





No comments:

Post a Comment