Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Do you see what I see?


Once again I’ll go over what God has done,
    lay out on the table the ancient wonders;
I’ll ponder all the things you’ve accomplished,
    and give a long, loving look at your acts. (Psalm 77:11-12 MSG)




I used to be an administrative assistant for a commercial real estate company. Back then, we didn’t have computers just yet so I had to type these long 16-page leases on a regular typewriter. What a lot of work! Inevitably, the agent would find a typo. And my response would be, “But look at all the letters I got right!” We had a good laugh over that. Just a different way of seeing things, right?



Sometimes I forget to look at things more lightheartedly, with a sense of humor about daily life. I’m so hard on myself, looking at what’s left on my to-do list instead of all I got crossed off.



Or look at what one little thing I did imperfectly instead of all the other loving acts of kindness I did throughout the day.



And I admit I use that same pair of glasses when I’m looking at (sorry) family and friends sometimes.



Regretfully, most of all, upon reading this scripture verse this morning, I realize I forget all the Lord has done for me because I am so focused on one certain prayer that I don’t see as answered yet. When so much other goodness is happening all around me by the hand and heart of God.



For my sake and yours, I need to remember everything that happens “right”. Life is beautiful despite some slip-ups, errors, mistakes. Overall, I am a good person and so … are … YOU. And God always knows what He’s doing and its always the best for us.



Growing impatient with yourself? List five good things about your character.

With others? List five things about that person that you like.

And … God? List five recent blessings.



Now what do you see?




No comments:

Post a Comment