Saturday, February 27, 2016

Living in Joy



I was like a child by His side, I was delighted every day, enjoying His presence all the time … (Proverbs 8:30)
 
 
I woke up with some anxious thoughts this morning. Getting a cancer diagnosis, no matter how small, can do that to a person. I started worrying about the details of the procedure. What all needs to get done prior to surgery. Will there be pain? Will the numbness wear off too soon? Will there be delays? Good grief! But then a very calming thought crossed my mind: I KNOW EVERYTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE KNOWN. IN ADVANCE, I KNOW WHAT TO DO. ALL IS SAFE AND SECURE WITH ME. I, THE LORD, HAVE GUIDED ALL INVOLVED THROUGH THIS VERY THING TOO MANY TIMES TO COUNT. DO NOT FEAR. I, THE LORD, WILL INSTRUCT THE OTHERS ON ALL THERE IS TO DO.
 
We have all had plenty of opportunities in our lives to trust the Lord to see us through. And we are alive today to remember and recall His goodness in the past. Surely, most assuredly, He is the Help we need again and again. Remember the sweetness of trusting in the Lord …
 
Thank You, dear Lord, for getting us through the bad weather; that everyone was good and kind and gentle and informative at the cancer clinic; that things are getting scheduled and arranged quickly. Help is at my fingertips. All kinds of love, prayer and support. And a good husband too.  You have been abundant, Lord, in every way. Thanks and praise, my dear Lord. My Rock. My everything.
 
Hopefully I see You as more than Comforter, more than Fixer. You are Lord of my life, my Master Whom I serve. You give me purpose, kingdom purpose and direction. And I am Your maidservant. But there should also be great joy in our relationship. More than just seeing me through every speed bump in life. We should be so much more to each other. Humbled by Your glory yet as intimate and close as a Brother and Friend. Enjoying life together. Its beauty, its tastes, its sounds and thinking of Your Presence in those happy moments. Sharing those moments with You right then and there. Do I include You in the simple joys of my daily living or do I just seek You when a need arises? When I need an anxiety-fire put out … Do I share the joys of life with You as quickly as I would – say with a grandchild? More than a Comforter in my hour of need, more than the answer to every worry, problem or fear. You are my Joy and Delight in this present day. May I relish and treasure Your intimate friendship. For we have a strong bond that nothing can ever separate. (Romans 8:38-39)


No comments:

Post a Comment