Friday, December 18, 2015

Like Mary




Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered … (Luke 1:29)

O dear God, the beginnings of such a major event. It was foretold. Probably foretold so much that people believed but just couldn’t imagine it coming. As it is now, with Christ’s second coming, I believe but probably not happening in my lifetime here on earth. But someday, that day, actually comes. As it finally did for God’s people way back then. That long-expected Jesus. God does not change His plans. For Mary. For Jesus – all your days written in His Book before one of them came to be (Psalm 139:16). Christ has come and will come again. Thanks be to God, it will happen!

I’m okay with the confusing, un-understandable stuff if it is of God. God is so big!  Nice to know Mary was greatly troubled and wondered about stuff too. I know later she surrenders to the unknown details. Living that surrender out was probably a constant battle, don’t you think? Even if the spiritual side is willing, the human nature side would continually question. With God stuff, you need to stop all the questioning and just go with the God-flow. Stick with the truths God has given you. Write them on your forehead (Deuteronomy 6:8). One thing I know is that there are two or three core lessons from God that would stabilize my life in the difficult questioning times. A couple things I should probably write down. Phrases from God that anchor me. Make me counter the questions with, “Yes, there is that …”  What comes to my mind – right now:

The Lord said, “I have indeed seen the misery of My people in Egypt. I have heard them crying out because of their slave drivers, and I am concerned about their suffering. So I have come down to rescue them … (Exodus 3:7-8)

All the days ordained for me were written in Your Book before one of them came to be. (Psalm 139:16)

But the Lord said to her, “Martha, dear friend, you are so upset over all these details! There is really only one thing worth being concerned about. (Luke 10:41 – 42)

For Mary. For Jesus. For me.








No comments:

Post a Comment