Friday, December 11, 2015

In humbled awe

You know when I rise ... You are familiar with all my ways ... You have laid Your hand upon me ... Your hand will guide me ... Your right hand will hold me fast ... Your eyes saw my unformed body ... all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be ... when I awake I am still with You ... lead me in the way everlasting ... (excerpts from Psalm 139)

Thank You, dear God, for drawing me into Your Word. That there is no right or wrong way, but various ways to dive in. Just do it. There is a time and season for every way. Just do it. So much in this psalm to take in. All about me, me, me. I guess we have to take care of ourselves to a certain extent. Take care of our spiritual selves. Take care of our relationship with You. You, O God, formed me, knitted me, saw my unformed body. Ordained all my days. Wrote them in Your book way back when. Knew all the fits and starts this Christian walker would have. You have always known me from the very beginning. You have been with me. You laid Your hand upon me. When I wake up, Your hand is still there. Your right hand will hold me fast, even on the days when things seem so harried, haphazard and spontaneous, You are not surprised but use everything for good. A Master Weaver of black threads and gold. A brilliant coat of colors. The contrasts are breathtakingly beautiful. When I step back and perceive the expertise that was required ... But we're not talking about a masterful piece of art of a coat. But of a life, lived. I only remember bits and pieces. You, Lord, see it all. Thanks be to Jesus, and to Your Spirit for all they have done in and through me. Your hand guiding me, leading me in the way everlasting. Unformed still in many ways yet You are with me. Wherever life takes me - physically, mentally, emotionally, relationally, financially ... You are with me still. You have laid Your hand upon me, leading me in the way everlasting. Constantly leading. Constantly right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment