Saturday, June 22, 2013

There is a way out

 Been tempted? Whether it’s trying to resist a decadent bakery treat or talking yourself out of exercise, or trying to hold your tongue… we all struggle with temptations. And have you struggled even though you prayed for strength? Oh yeah.  “Please, please, please, Lord, help me not to cave in this time.” You plead with God. Yet somehow, it happens. For whatever reason, you do cave in… ugh.

But sometimes, I don’t cave in. I don’t let angry words fly out of my mouth. I walk away from the ice cream midnight snack. Because, sometimes, I remember to praise God for how good He is. In my prayer, instead of asking, I remind myself by saying, “God You are always good. You always hear my prayers. You always care about what’s going on in my life. God, You always know what to do. God loves me and I am one of His wonderful works. God has plans, good plans for my life. God says I am created to be new in Christ so that I can do good things He planned long ago. Yes. You recognize some of these biblical truths. In your prayers, start remembering and praising God in these truths and repeat, repeat – until you convince yourself these are your truths.

It’s hard to remember. It’s hard to recall, I know. One thing I started doing several years ago, was to write down on a slip of paper moments when I sensed God really there for me. Times when prayers were answered. Times when I experienced Him and His power turning me away from a temptation. Times in prayer or in worship or in nature when I fully sensed His presence. Then, I slip these pieces of paper randomly in my bible. Thumbing through my bible, you’ll find all kinds of testimonies of God’s great love and provision and sustaining and presence. Remembering Him makes us strong.

·        I wish the best in life for you! Keeping you in prayer.

·        Lean into God – He is a wonderful support.

·        He can move the mountains! He is mighty to save!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment