Saturday, February 16, 2013

"like" alot

So many of us, at least once (if not more) in a day, scroll through facebook or some other social network. I did again this morning. Everyday I see: funny cartoons… support for various causes… pictures of family and friends near and far… prayer requests… happy couples… happy friends… happy children… happy dogs… sadness, hurt, loss, broken hearts too… vacation photos… the weather…upcoming events…and lots of “likes”.

The mixture of ups and downs is always the same – a mixture of good and bad, happy and sad. But the face of those posting seems to rotate and take its turn. We all get of dose of these various life happenings. So, maybe it’s not so bad that we share – because at some point - we experience it all. It sure is encouraging when someone “likes” what you wrote. It sure is comforting when many comment “they will be praying”. It’s heart-warming to “see” friends I haven’t seen in a long while; heart-warming to see my son’s smiling face. Good to be aware of various health issues and causes. Good to join in. Good to not feel alone in something.

It just struck me this morning, what a great, big world we live in. What a great number of folks are out there… all living and feeling and experiencing days and nights – and life, just as I am. And how coming alongside through a simple “like” or “comment” can make all the difference in the world – “like” can bring renewed strength and hope.

As I stated in my ABOUT section of this blog:

I believe people want to be known. People want to be heard. Whether they express sadness, fear or joy… to have someone come alongside and say “I see you. I hear you. I will remember you while you are going through this”. There is an awesome power at work when we feel remembered. It says, “I have time for you.” … “You have value…” Wow….


So, whether it’s a card or a phone call or a simple “like”, let’s stick together. Let’s encourage and support each other in this journey. And let’s do it often.

  • You mean the world to me.
  • Thank you for sharing. It’s been a great help.
  • Your friendship has made this bearable. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. How do I post "Like" to this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go into facebook, Intermissions for Hope, or under Julie Wenzel Crane and find this particular post - you should be able to like and share from there. Please advise if you still have a problem. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete