Thursday, December 6, 2012

Y'all come!

 Well, like many of you, I pulled the ol’ nativity set down from the attic. Nestled in the broken down box of shredded newspaper, I picked out first one character and then another. Mary. Jesus. Little shepherd boy. Angel. Lambs. Donkey… missing an ear. Cow… missing a horn. Camel… chip in the leg. Three kings with “goth” painted eyes – and I almost hesitated to set this broken down bunch out on display…

 
Then I realized – that scene is so much like us. What a mish-mosh of characters we are – gathered around Jesus. Young. Old. Rich. Poor. Broken. Chipped. Dusty. Standing. Kneeling. Layed low…

 
So, my nativity set IS out for all for see. What a beautiful, wonderful, glorious reminder:
 

I bring you good news of great joy
That will be for all the people.
-          Luke 2:10

 

All people. So come. Y’all come. Come, let us adore Him.

 
Share this greatest of news! Invite someone to Christmas eve service. Send someone a Christian greeting card. Say “Merry Christmas” and “God bless!” Find a tiny nativity scene at the dollar store – put Christ in the stockings this year and in the gift collections found here and there at church, work, grocery store, your bank. Let’s add some Christ to my Christmas, your Christmas, their Christmas. Because He came for us all.

 

          God loves you and so do I!
 
          Immanuel – means “God with us”
 
          Oh, how He loves you and me…

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment