Monday, December 10, 2012

Are you ready?


Often, in past years, I’ve gotten up on Christmas morning caught a little off guard. Oh, I had all the gifts bought and wrapped. Food cooked and cookies baked. Cards sent out. But I have found myself in the stillness of that morning saying. “Christmas. It’s here. Christmas is here. Already?” I had meant to read the Advent devotional… and really listen to the words of the familiar Christmas hymns. And pray with God a little longer than usual – in the days leading up to … Christmas.

 

It reminds me of a bride and groom writing their marriage vows for their wedding. In that time of contemplating, and digging deep about what it all means; it’s not the flowers or the cake or bridesmaid dresses that come to mind. It’s about love. Great, big love. And how it came to be. And what it means to them now. What is means for their future together.

 

Shouldn’t we be having the same kind of thoughts about Christmas? God’s great, big love and what it means to us… having God in heaven come down – to be ever so close to humankind. He came to save the world.

 

I won’t miss Advent this year. I’m letting my heart prepare Him room.

 

  • Take time to “Be still and know that I am your God…”
  • For God so loved (insert someone’s name), that He gave His one and only Son…
  • Take a break from all the busyness to remember how (and why) it all started…

 

No comments:

Post a Comment