Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Twinkle! Little star!


The other night, my husband and I were traveling along the interstate through mid-Michigan. Past farms and fields and open spaces. And way off in the distance, I see sparkling lights along a roofline. Farther down the road, more twinkling lights. Pretty. Beautiful. Happy. I even saw a house set way back from the road – with one little light in every window. Charming. Lovely. Peace and joy – come to mind. Even from those one little lights in each window – my, how they shined in the darkness!... even from a great distance, they had an effect on me.

 Can we, also, be a tiny light in someone’s life – can we bring a little loveliness and joy into someone’s darkness? Even if they are distant? Even if it’s only a little thing we do? ‘Tis the season of giving – and not just to familiar loved ones here in town. ‘Tis the season when Christ’s light in us shines most brightly… and can reach the most darkest, most unimaginable places. Think of those distant: geographically, relationally, financially, spiritually … distant / in different situations than ourselves.
 

John 1: 8 says:
He (John) himself was not the light;
he came only as a witness to the light.
The true light that gives light to every man
was coming into the world.

 
Make the most of this season, this opportunity – to share the light – no matter how small the effort… make the effort – to touch someone with the light of His love.

 

  • It is so much fun spending time with you!
  • If you’re having a good day, my prayers have been answered!
  • When I count my blessings, you quickly come to mind.

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment