Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Thank God for ... exercise?

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved

While physical training has some value, training in holy living is useful for everything. It has promise for this life now and the life to come. (1 Timothy 4:8 CEB)

7:00 a.m. Time to get on the elliptical. Groan. The negotiations are already starting in my head: “I did it yesterday. I don’t have to do it every day. I’ll probably go for a walk or something later, so …”

So why am I on the elliptical again? Why do I do it? HOW do I do it?

A good friend recently reminded me: “Because I CAN!”

I physically can!

The bible verse above doesn’t say it’s of no value. There is some value.

So how can I turn this “physical training time” into holy living time? By giving thanks to God.

Thank You for every breath.
Thank You for my heart pumping blood and oxygen through my body.
Thank You for strong enough muscles.
Thank You for arms and legs working in tandem.
Thank You for energy, desire, and drive.
Thank You for Your help.
All these processes are truly miraculous!

Whether your goal for physical activity today is going to the gym or using your walker to go down the hall and back with your oxygen bag hanging off your shoulder -

thank God you can do it.

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Live in a spirit of thanks. And praise. In this life now and the life to come.














No comments:

Post a Comment