Saturday, March 24, 2018

Thanks for doing this!

© 2018 Julie Crane All rights reserved
'Come, for everything is now ready.' (Luke 14:17)

On some Saturday mornings, mom made cinnamon rolls. From scratch. My brother, who lived way across town, claims he could smell them baking from there and would "stop by for coffee".

Can you image his mouth-watering anticipation of mom's freshly baked rolls? As a kid, I loved to watch: the mixing, the rolling, the sprinkling, and cutting. (Thanks, Mom, for doing all this for us!) But the best of all, the smelling, tasting and savoring in my mouth! Eyes closed. Sweetness on my lips. I can still see me at the kitchen table ...

Do we, can we, should we... approach the Lord's table with the same zeal?

Are all your senses awakened and on alert like my brother across town? Do you head to the Table full of anticipation? Does the preparation of all that had to be done to make it happen - fill you with joy and gratitude? (Thanks, Jesus, for doing all this for us!) Is it pure heaven to have it in your mouth, on your lips?

The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" (Revelation 22:17)
'Come, for everything is now ready.' (Luke 14:17)
And thanks. And thanks for doing all this ...



No comments:

Post a Comment