Sunday, May 21, 2023

It’s Me!

 We’ve all experienced it. You are home all alone. The rest of the household is at work or school. No one expected back for hours. You’re in the back of the house busy with something. And then - you hear the door open. Your heart leaps. Your stomach does a flip. You turn your head to listen more carefully.

“It’s me!” someone calls out. And your heart and breath revert back to normal. Because you recognize the voice. You know instantly who it is. Everything is okay. You don’t need to be afraid.

In Matthew 14 there is a passage where it is a dark and stormy night. The disciples are out on their boat. Jesus comes walking on the water. They think they see something scary, like a ghost. But Jesus calls out: “It’s me. It’s all right. Don’t be afraid.” And I’m sure He was hoping for the same calming effect that comes when you recognize a loved ones voice.

My sheep recognize My voice… - John 10:27

God’s Word says we can recognize His voice. We can hear Him and immediately be put at ease.

If you’re in a dark place, a place that feels scary… if your heart is leaping, your stomach flipping and you’re holding your breath - turn your head and listen carefully. You have a Savior calling out to you. You will hear His voice. You will recognize His voice. And the peace that passes understanding will wash over you.

Peace I leave with you; My perfect peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be afraid. Let My perfect peace calm you in every circumstance and give you courage and strength for every challenge. - John 14:27 AMP

Listen? Do you hear Him?

“It’s Me. It’s all right. You don’t need to be afraid.”



No comments:

Post a Comment