Monday, August 24, 2020

I don't understand...

Sitting and enjoying some quiet time. Looking at all God's creation around me. Praising Him. Opening scripture to read how He calms the storm and heals the sick. The word "immediately" is used several times when describing how Jesus responds to a need. But I'm not seeing it lately. This immediate action... why not now? 

I don't understand.

Explain! Explain Yourself! (Forgive me, God, for being so bold in these thoughts of mine. I mean no disrespect. I just wish I knew what was going on and how it will all unfold day by day. Seems like if I only knew, I could tolerate it all better.) I can't be the only one that's ever sought more knowledge; to know God's plans in more detail. And indeed, in the very beginning of time we see:

Genesis 3:4-6
You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom...

And, immediately (!) God led me to other passages in my bible. Take a look at what He said to me:

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and His understanding no one can fathom. (Isaiah 40:12)

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand,
or with the breadth of His hand marked off the heavens?
Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket,
or weighed the mountains on the scales
and the hills in a balance?
Who can fathom the Spirit of the Lord,
or instruct the Lord as His counselor?
Whom did the Lord consult to enlighten Him,
and who taught Him the right way?
Who was it that taught Him knowledge,
or showed Him the path of understanding? (Isaiah 40:28)

And no, the Lord wasn't finished with me just yet...

Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand. (John 13:7)

So much for me questioning His immediate actions.
So much for me questioning anything.
Thanking God He doesn't grow tired or weary of me.
Thanking God His understanding of me is full or mercy and grace.
This all leaves me with a real sense of Who God is, what He's capable of, and puts my worries to rest.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He shall direct your paths. (Proverbs 3:5-7















 

No comments:

Post a Comment