Friday, August 14, 2020

Did you get lost?

© 2018 Julie Crane All rights reserved

Confession. I've been wanting to write some powerful, meaningful, encouraging words. I usually wait on the Lord to fill my head with some message to share. You would guess that a blog about trusting in God would be something I would be writing daily, especially in these days and times. What can I say but I got lost in the turmoil, like so many others. That I was grasping at straws. Bits and pieces of scripture or song - to comfort me. Losing interest in praying (pleading) altogether. The current events of today are so loud and "in my face". So mind-numbing. My prayers came in fits and starts. Scraps and tatters. A phrase here. A whimper there. And I few "I still believe".  I struggled to settle (quiet) my mind long enough to hear a clear and concise message from God.

But still: I WILL NOT DOUBT. God is overseeing it all. God is still the Anchor in our lives.. God is still the Stronghold. God still  blesses us in the midst of dark days. In a world that wants us to desire (unendingly) more and more of everything we think we still need, scripture points to one thing:

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple. (Psalm 27:4)

We CAN have that - that one thing - in any and every kind of circumstance. The very presence of God. God is in our midst. We can sit at His feet anytime. We can gaze into His face anytime. We can leave every concern at the door and enter in... You can rest and breathe and be unconcerned at Jesus' feet. Jesus said to Martha and Mary, and He says to us as well:

... few things are needed - or indeed only one. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken from her. (Luke 10:42)

Did you get lost?

Good news!

God is here and calling you to -

Come!

It will not be taken from you.



No comments:

Post a Comment