Thursday, August 15, 2019

Who do you say that I am?

© 2018 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Now many of you are familiar with the passage where Jesus asks His disciples:

"Who do the crowds say that I am?" So they answered and said, "John the Baptist, but some say Elijah, and others say that one of the old prophets has risen again." He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said, "The Christ of God." - Luke 9:18-20

And it got me to wondering, "Who do people say that I am?" How do people describe me?

© 2018 Julie Crane All rights reserved
They may say, "She's love her VW Bug!"
And, "She loves her cats!" and "Walking in the woods!"
True. True. True. Every one.

But am I living a richer, deeper, more meaningful, impactful - witness?
What kind of testimony, or taste in someone's mouth, am I leaving when they spend time with me? And is it a same, consistent testimony based on my heart of Spirit-filled faith or a heart of human emotional reaction...

What about me - on a daily basis?
What about you?

A woman of God? A man after God's own heart?
Warm. Helpful. Giving.

Or are the first thoughts from people describe me as -
Busy. Critical. In pursuit of accolades. Or lazy. Or...

If anyone speaks, let it be as one who speaks God's words; if anyone serves, let it be from the strength God provides, so that God may be glorified through Jesus Christ in everything. To Him be the glory and the power forever and ever. Amen. - 1 Peter 4:11

Who do people say that I am?
And how about you?
Live out today, every word, every deed - with the glory of God in mind.
And impact your world in the Spirit.








No comments:

Post a Comment