Friday, July 1, 2016

Personal Morning Quiet Time


 
Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, For in You do I trust; Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, For I lift up my soul to You. (Psalm 143:8)

 

Thank You for Your Word again this morning, dear Lord, and for establishing this morning time within me. Thank You for any thoughts or messages You send my way regarding all that You want me to know. Sometimes it is hard to get my head around the fact that I can have a relationship with You, great big God; hard to understand a relationship that is sensed but not in the regular, visual human way and yet I cannot deny Your existence. Somehow You are very real. Thank You, Jesus, for making this relationship possible. Thank You for washing my sins away and making me fit for heaven and eternal life with You. Thank You that eternal forever life with You includes today. You continue to sustain and provide in ways beyond my human asking – before I know what I need, You are there.

 

Forgive my selfishness, my self-centeredness – everything I do on my own without consulting You; for any attitude that does not worship and glorify You; that does not fear You. Forgive every niggling worry that keeps me from listening, obeying and trusting You; for every worldly concern that keeps me from loving You and neighbor as I ought. Forgive every sinful distraction that keeps me from living life the way You planned.

 

Keep working on me, keep transforming me, I pray.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment