Thursday, August 27, 2015

On this rock

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

I was recently told by a man how he used to sit with his daughter from time to time, out on this ol' rock on the backside of their property. They would just sit together and "you know, talk about things". My first thought was jealousy, for what dad (surely not mine) takes time to do such a thing? How wonderful it must have been for that daughter to have some one-on-one, unhurried, no agenda time with him. What a Norman Rockwell moment in the purest sense. Did she realize the gift he gave her that many do not ever get?

Because there are many who have grown up without a father present - physically or emotionally. But as Christians, as believers in Christ bridging the gap between us and God, we too, can have a Father Who takes time to "you know, talk about things". It doesn't have to be a hurried reading of scripture to meet Him, or a quickly rushed prayer. This Father has all the time you need.

So find your "rock" and sit with your Father today ... because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. (Psalm 19:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment