Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Do you lack savor?


Taste and see that the Lord is good … (Psalm 34:8)

When you worry about the near or distant future, you are forgetting that God will be there with you. And when you cling to anxious thoughts about what has happened in the near or distant past, you are forgetting that God was there and brought you through to where you are today.

I am with you always … (Matthew 28:20) Forgetting about Me and Who I Am does not change that. I am with you - always. Including right now. This very minute while you are reading this. I am close. I am smiling. I love you. I AM with you in a very real sense.

Think about this for a moment. The Lord is with you. Whether you can sense it or not, it is still a very real, a very true (promised) fact. One of those unseen things you faith believes in. But try to take your thoughts captive for a moment and hear this:

I am with you – right now. Let yourself sigh. Let your shoulders drop down. Close your eyes. Breathe slowly. In and out. Repeat over and over to yourself – I am with you right now. Allow yourself to be held in the protective arms of the Lord Who knows all about it all. Still, He is here with you right now. Lean into Him.  Accept His love and care for you. He is here to handle anything and everything. Turn your hands over – palms up – and just sit there. I am with you always (and in all ways).

There is nothing He can’t handle. There is nothing He doesn’t handle. In an all-wise, all-powerful God way. Rest assured He is involved.

All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be … (Psalm 139:16)

Savor this restful moment with these peaceful promises from God’s holy Word. You are truly under God’s protective care. He is here.

Savor – pleasing to the taste or smell

Taste and see that the Lord is good … (Psalm 34:8)

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment