Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Giving God my best


 When I have a project ahead of me, especially one involving a ministerial calling, I want to pour my whole heart and soul into it. I want to preview and plan it all out in the greatest detail, examine every possible obstacle and nip them all in the bud before they get a chance to ruin my perfect outcome. I look at things from every angle. Time. Talent. Resources. Funding. Skills. Education and knowledge. Experience. Anticipate every problem. Then envision the glorious success - my gift to God. From me. And yet…

If I truly want a successful outcome, I have to feel incapable of doing the task at hand. I have to be inadequate for the job… in order for it to be God-fed and God-driven. If I truly want God’s presence and His love to flow through me, the efforts made need to be empowered by God and not myself alone. 

Ugh. But I want to do something for Him. From me … to offer my best to Him.

Not realizing that surrender is the gift He desires. Read the following scripture passages and see what I mean:

 Mary (deciding in her heart): Here I am, the Lord’s humble servant. As you have said, let it be done to me. (Luke 1:38 VOICE)

 For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and that one, ‘Come,’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” (Matthew 8:9 NIV)

He told them: “Take nothing for the journey—no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra shirt. (Luke 9:3 NIV)

 … for when I am weak [in human strength], then I am strong [truly able, truly powerful, truly drawing from God’s strength]. (2 Corinthians 12:10 AMP)

Surrendering the beginning, middle and end: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty—you will succeed because of my Spirit, though you are few and weak.’ (Zechariah 4:6 TLB)

To Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us… (Ephesians 3:30 NIV)

You want the very best outcome as a gift to God? Be inadequate. Incapable. Lacking. Truly, this is the time to let go and let God. Not sitting back and doing nothing. Go when He says, “Go.” But seek the Lord’s guidance in every step. Following His next move and then the next. Trusting in His daily Bread (provision) - daily. And witnessing the equipping and supplying of His at every stage. And then experiencing the glorious success! Yep. Your gift to God. Your best gift to God.


2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM EDT

    Listen. GO. Love it All we do to serve may we first be still and rested so when the GO message arrives we are rested and ready

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie Crane12:20 PM EDT

    Yes! I totally agree with your comment. Thanks for engaging.

    ReplyDelete