Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

 


Finished shawl, you are beautiful! Oh, the work and time that must have gone into you. Oh, the mistakes made! The corrections. Some overlooked. But still so beautiful even with some flaws. There are some gaps. Holes. Twists. Unevenness. How can it still be so beautiful in our sight? Because we look at the big whole thing. Altogether lovely. And that’s how the Lord views us. Like the knitter, He knows of every mistake but chooses to see the beauty of the whole thing. The whole us.

 May we also choose to not scrutinize every perceived flaw - but instead, like Jesus, look at the whole thing about ourselves and each other. See the beauty of that which has been woven together by the very hands of God. 

For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I will give thanks and praise to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are Your works. And my soul knows it very well. (Psalm 139: 13-14)

2 comments:

  1. Jan Kirby2:27 PM EDT

    Thanks for sharing this. That is one of the scripture I share often. It's a good reminder that we are ALL handled main, with No mistakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie Crane8:53 PM EDT

      Thanks for commenting! I appreciate you sharing how the message touched you.

      Delete