Thursday, June 29, 2023

Fervent Prayer

 fervent - displaying passionate intensity

 I know what comes to my mind when I think of fervent prayer. A long, heartbreaking plea to God over a certain situation. Praying and praying some more, trying so hard to convince God of the seriousness of this current calamity and how it must be resolved right now. My overwrought heart agonizing as I dwell on the horrible details. Pouring out my heart until I am spent and feel I’ve done all I can in prayer.


But, what if, your fervent prayer was a means to convincing yourself of God’s steadfast faithfulness? What if you prayed and prayed some more, not about the situation, but about the fact that God is alive and active and will surely respond? What if, you stayed in prayer until you found peace and confidence in our Lord? 


Fervently, with passionate intensity, seek to remember the goodness of the Lord. Don’t leave your prayer posturing of head bowed, hands folded - until you are filled with God’s assurance of His Almighty control over all things. Including THIS thing. 


God is good. So good. And He can handle anything. He does handle anything. So move forward with confidence in the God you know in your heart as loving, caring, all-wise and all-powerful. Then, when you know in your head what you know in your heart, rise from your prayer knees and walk in faith.


Yes, put your trust in the Lord.


And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)


Your rule is eternal, and You are king forever. The Lord is faithful to His promises; He is merciful in all His acts. ( Psalm 145:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment