Friday, May 13, 2022

Good gifts!

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
 I've been celebrating my birthday all week long. And with every single birthday wish I received, every text, call, message, and even real hold-in-your-hand card (my passion) - I took a moment to relish the goodness of my relationship with that person. Honestly, it's been one good gift on top of another!

Gift: something given willingly; freely. Gifts communicate how we feel about another person. A good gift builds the connection you have with someone. It also means the giver values the recipient.  With a good gift, the giver really knows you, right? They "get" you. Don't you just love finding that perfect gift? Aren't you just giddy with anticipation waiting to give that gift?

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father... (James 1:17) Every. Think about that for a moment... (pause here)

So, when I read that passage from Scripture, I can know that God loves me. I can know that God knows me, He "gets" me. And I can know that God is a cheerful giver (2 Corinthians 9:7). Giddy with excitement, just like I would be with a perfect gift.

Now to Him Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine... (Ephesians 3:20)

God loves to give. Abundantly. I hope you can see this in your own life.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him! (Matthew 7:11)






No comments:

Post a Comment