Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Background Noise?

 

© 2008 Julie Crane All rights reserved
I know many people who leave the TV on even though they aren't actively watching it. They like the company or the sound of "someone" in the house instead of feeling alone. And occasionally, something said on the TV catches their attention and they "tune in".

I like to listen to Christian music on the radio while driving. I'm not actively listening to it all the time either. But I do like the company! As well as paying attention to the road, my mind wanders and I'm thinking about other things. But when there are pauses in my thoughts, I do catch a phrase or a chorus that speaks to me. And it usually lifts my spirit or comforts me. Encourages me. You see, wherever you go, whatever you do - God's Word is playing in the background. As believers, as followers, it is in our hearts and minds. At any time, you can tune in and hear from God.

You are never alone. You do have a constant Companion.

"Someone" IS always with you.

God is always available. Tune in. A verse or a song will start playing in your head. Grab onto it. Believe it is sent by God to you.

And may your background noise become background blessings.

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." (Isaiah 30:21)

"Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.'" (1 Samuel 3:9)



No comments:

Post a Comment