Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Entertaining

© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved
 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts...", declares the Lord. (Isaiah 55:8)

This bible verse can bring some comfort when a trusting believer lacks understanding of what's going on in their life. God is huge and does immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). So, yes, His thoughts and ways are far greater. And we know God to be all-wise, all-knowing, and all-powerful too. God is certainly perfect in thought, word, and deed.

Yet, even though I've committed my life to Christ, some of my thoughts are not so Christlike. Some pretty ugly, mean thoughts seem to suddenly appear inside my head. Could it be - those kinds of thoughts are from the father of all lies, deceptions, and distraction? 

These mean, ugly thoughts are NOT mine. I agree with God in saying:

THIS DOES NOT FIT WITH WHO I AM.

Do not invite these kinds of thoughts to dinner. Do not let them spend the night. 

The temptation he is offering in our thoughts is not a sin. Choosing to act upon them is. I can choose not to yield. I can call out to Jesus and He has promised to supply proper words and actions. These are "Get behind me, Satan!" moments. I will say it again and again:

THIS DOES NOT FIT WITH WHO I AM.

So, what kind of thoughts are you entertaining? Spending time with? Know that Jesus will supply whatever you need.




No comments:

Post a Comment