Sunday, May 8, 2022

What mom taught me about Jesus' miracles

 


I don't know how she stretched one dollar into ten. I don't know how she turned scraps of meat into a hearty meal. How she kept eight kids in clothes and shoes. Or how she found time to crochet wedding afghans and baby blankets beyond number. And something for every single grandchild under the Christmas tree. Making a way where there seems to be no way...

But I also see her on the ground planting petunias. Waltzing behind the ironing board to Ray Price. And pans of yeasty cinnamon rolls on Saturday mornings.

Despite any challenges, she also knew how to find joy in the life she was given.

Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, He gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then He gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied... (Matthew 14:18-20)

I want to be like my mom. Because she was so much like Jesus.





No comments:

Post a Comment