Friday, January 22, 2021

I'm still gonna...

© 2016 Julie Crane All rights reserved

Take that first sip of coffee in the morning in my fluffy robe and slippers

Pet the cat until he purrs - loudly

Step out the door and breath in some fresh air

Enjoy some uplifting music

Wear a favorite sweatshirt

Talk on the phone with a loved one

Stand over the stove slowly stirring a pot of savory stew


I'm still gonna love sunshine as well as big snowflakes

Stand in awe at the lakeshore

Laugh as often as possible

Take time to really rest

Sit quietly in candlelight

Allow myself time to read a real page turner of a book

Eat chocolate with my eyes closed


And still find comfort in familiar bible passages

Hum a praise song or two

Eat bread and drink wine


I will remember again and again: nothing can separate us from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39), the care of God, the very presence of... God.


Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion (meaning enough); therefore I will wait for Him. (Lamentations 3:21-24)

You will have a joy that no one can take away. (John 16:22)


No comments:

Post a Comment