Sunday, February 9, 2020

For best results

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Whether it's baking or dry skin, we all know things turn out best if we read the directions, and follow them step by step.

It's winter and my skin is so dry! My usual routine of lotion is just not working. I need to do something more. So I chose a different lotion. And the directions read: apply twice daily to clean skin. See improvement in three days. Awesome! I'm in!

After my morning shower, I rubbed the lotion in (in to my clean skin, as directed). But by the time evening comes, I am tired. And apparently too tired, to wash and dry and smooth on lotion again. So guess what? I haven't experienced the promised improvement in three days like it said.

Is your spiritual self feeling dry?
Are you stuck in your usual routine?
Do you need to try something different?
Do you need to read and follow the directions?
Do you really desire improvement?

There are many ways to improve your spiritual health:
try a new daily devotional
join a bible study group
share a cup of coffee and a chat with a Christian friend
follow a read-the-bible-in-a-year guide (yes. It's okay to start on February 9, 2020 and read until  February 2021)
weekly church services
Christian radio stations

Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates... (Deuteronomy 11:18-20)

Are you looking for ways for things to be better? God has spelled it out for us. God has provided many opportunities for us. It's as true now as it was 2,000 years. 

For best results, read and follow the directions.




No comments:

Post a Comment