Friday, September 20, 2019

Let the sun shine in

© 2012 Julie Crane All rights reserved
Started off today with some anxious thoughts. How easily they can come sometimes, right? But I stick with my usual routine and walk up to the post office at 10:00. It seemed a little gray outside but I grabbed my sunglasses anyway - in case it decides to show its face while I'm out.

Walking along, still anxious thoughts bombarding me. I recently started following some yoga on YouTube. So I told myself to just concentrate on my breathing. Then I told myself over and over, "I'm fine. Everything right now is fine. Right now, all I need to be concerned about is that I'm walking. And breathing."

And I noticed through the big window at the restaurant people eating and having coffee and chatting away. The gentleman next door was watering the flower box in front of the barber shop. Someone else walking their dog. And yes, the sun came out. Peaceful. Just simply - peaceful.

It is well... with my soul... the sweet refrain washes over me again and again. Where did that come from?

It's very easy, too easy, to stay and feed those more unsettling thoughts. I've done it too many times. But today, today I sought out something else. Something more. And it came. It came.

The sun. The Son.

Then you will call on Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. (Jeremiah 29:12-14)

If we desire, seek, expect the Son, will He come? Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment